HTML Header

The Hotel Fred
Muppet Show
Mugwhump the Great
Fred the Clown
More Comics
Doctor Who
Buy Artwork
About Me
E-Mail Me

Sunday, June 09, 2013

Couple of things

So I've already plugged this on the Twitters, but it's worth drawing your attention to the new Fez minicomic, mentioned here in the days coming up to the 2D Festival. I've made a digital version which you can buy for one pound - it comes in both CBZ and PDF formats, both included in one handy ZIP file, twelve pages with black-and-white interiors and colour covers. I've been surprised and delighted by the reaction. Which, you know, is only going to encourage me to do more...

(If you need more Fez after absorbing that, there's the three-pager I did for Aces Weekly which is in full colour. I'm working on a new colour short for Aces right now, whenever I can spare an hour or two.)

The other thing I wanted to mention is that my missing artwork has been recovered! Apparently it was packed in such a way that it wasn't obvious (something like a "hidden compartment" is what I've been told) when it was sent to the person in London I was supposed to collect it from, and the box was nearly recycled before someone spotted it. But a nick-of-time rescue was made and all's well that ends well. I'm looking forward to laying my hands on it in a few days. My thanks to everyone who expressed concern, spread the word and looked out for the stuff, I really appreciate it.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome about the artwork... let me know if you ever decide to part with that beautiful Snarked! cover art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the format of the Aces Fez story? Is it a three tier story? I am interested to see if we can use it for a Dutch magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ger!

      I'd be more than happy to have the Fez story published in Dutch, but the deal with Aces Weekly is we're not allowed to use the work elsewhere for two years, I'm afraid. (Actually, I'm not sure if that applies to foreign-language use – I will check that.) But, to answer your question, I've formatted the story in such a way that the Aces two-tier landscape format can easily be rearranged to three tiers.

      Delete

The spam filter is back on because it just goes berserk if I switch it off. Sorry - I'll get to your comments ASAP!

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Eisner and Harvey Award-winning cartoonist responsible for The Muppet Show Comic Book, Thor the Mighty Avenger, Snarked! and Fred the Clown. Would like to save the world through comics.