HTML Header

The Hotel Fred
Muppet Show
Mugwhump the Great
Fred the Clown
More Comics
Doctor Who
Buy Artwork
About Me
E-Mail Me

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The Great McGonagall

It's been a while coming, but today I'm starting a new web comic, The Great McGonagall, about a (somewhat fictionalised) journey from Dundee to London made in 1880 by William "Topaz" McGonagall, the worst poet in the world (more about him here and here, if you're not already familiar with him – or else read the short introductory piece in my comic, which should get you up to speed pretty quickly). I'll be posting a page every week at ZCO.MX.

McGonagall is a fascinating figure, despite (or perhaps because of) his total absence of talent. I've been thinking about doing a comic about him for some time, as his "theatrical loser" persona ticks a lot of boxes for me. Should be fun.


3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I can't wait for the next one.

    Is it just me or is there a touch of Maw Broon about Jeannie McGonagall? It is Dundee after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Great Langridge rises again! I like everything you create, and I urge you to never stop! Tom Spurgeon says you are under-appreciated; and if tis is true, don't let it stop you. Some day the sluggard masses will see what they've been missing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katherine! Means a lot coming from you. Don't worry, I'm not stopping any time soon.

      Delete

The spam filter is back on because it just goes berserk if I switch it off. Sorry - I'll get to your comments ASAP!

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Eisner and Harvey Award-winning cartoonist responsible for The Muppet Show Comic Book, Thor the Mighty Avenger, Snarked! and Fred the Clown. Would like to save the world through comics.